Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'd rather be a lightning rod than a seismograph

I was randomly looking at lightning photography last week and was thinking to myself, why haven't I ever tried to take some lightning pictures. The first two "opportunities" came last week with all the severe weather that NE Ohio has had, but they turned out to be almost disasters with tornado signatures passing right over our house. Today a third storm approached from the distance, this time not directly from the west (with no windows), but rather southwest. This presented the perfect chance to capture this wonderful phenomenon. Here are the best of what I took:


This is the first good shot


This is my favorite of the night

Then I switched to the front of the house:
This one was cropped but still turned out great

I almost cropped this one too, but the resident photography expert 
thought the vastness of the sky made it look better as a whole

And yes Mom, I was inside while taking these. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day tomorrow.

1 comment: